Friday, April 30, 2010

Nightmare On Elm Street * *


My movie release pick for this weekend is “Nightmare on Elm Street”. This is a new release of a well known older movie. The original movie came out in 1984 and Wes Craven wrote and directed this one were Samuel Bayer directed and Wesley Strick and Eric Heisserer wrote the newer version. This is a re-make of the horror icon Freddy Krueger, a serial-killer who kills people while they sleep. He wears a glove with four blades embedded in the fingers and kills people in their dreams, resulting in their real death in reality. Rotten tomatoes web site does not give it a very good rating stating” it is lacking the depth and subversive twists that made the original the horror great that it was.” It is rated R and is 95 minutes long. IMDb gives it a little better review than what rotten tomatoes did. It is set to hit the theaters 4/30/2010 and I think the remembrance of the older version should carry this one to a good opening day. If you are a fan of horror flicks and like the original one you might just want to see this one just to take a walk down memory lane. Enjoy the trailer I have below.




FIRST COMMENTER
LadyJava's LoungeWishing on a Falling Star

13 comments:

  1. I love horror movie Bill.. the best for me would forever be Exorcist.. the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-E :-E :-E :-E :-E :-E I am not a fan of horror movies Bill, nightmares will come chase me! =-O =-O =-O =-O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esp if I am home alone yowzaaaaa! :-E :-E :-E :-E :-E

    ReplyDelete
  4. cant see ec huhuhu, ill come by later to drop! TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree LJ Exorcist was a very good one but it is old school now LOL :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats the best time to watch that type of movie movie Marzie all alone with the lights out hahahhahaha :-P

    ReplyDelete
  7. HEy Bill! :) I don't mind watching this, but i'm easily annoyed by shrieks and screams in the cinema.. esp during scenes where it's not exactly scream/shriek-worthy! LOL! but i remember my parents letting me watch the old one when i was a kid, i din dare go to sleep. And i hated going out during halloween because there'll be lotsa freddy kruegers roaming around! LMAO!

    But I heard great things about this film from other movie bloggers.. so i don't know. Wes Craven is directing Scream 4 with the original Scream cast (that was left) so I'm wondering how that'll turn out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah Shemah if your young this one makes you not want to sleep for 3 years LOL.The screaming does not bother me to much because i have hearing aides and can turn them down when i want hahahahha. I did not know Wes is doing Scream 4 i will have to check it out. I have seen the others already and they were not that bad. :)

    ReplyDelete

Echo

 
Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations